Friday, November 27, 2009

How My Lay Formation Journey Began

I forgot to mention in my first post how (exactly) my lay formation began. I am blessed with many wonderful people in my life and several were of assistance in getting me into this program. My wonderful wife had an interest sparked in the program at first and thought I would benefit from it as well. After deliberation and consultation from others that had been through the program we decided to apply.

The church I belong to is St. Edward in Waterloo, Iowa. We have an incredible Pastor and supporting staff. My wife talked with the Pastoral Associate and she knew that we would love the program and have NO problems being accepted. We had her (and some friends) write our letters of recommendation and several weeks later learned that we were accepted.

Additionally, two other couples from our church had been accepted!! I still wasn't 'quite' sure what I had just signed up for, but was apprehensively glad to begin the journey. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment